Saturday, March 8, 2008

Keeping it simple.

[No Image Available]

Name: Amber P.

Where I got it done: I haven't actually gotten it yet but, probably Beauty Mark (Waterbury, CT)

Artist: I'm leaning towards Ken since I've heard nothing but great things about him.

Why I'm getting it:
When I was 13, my grandmother passed away from lung cancer. This woman was nothing short of amazing. She wasn't only my grandmother, but she was also my best friend. She was an astounding artist, with a passion for anything artistically inclined. When she passed away , I knew I wanted a tattoo of her name. I wanted to incorporate a cross into the design, but I didn't want to have something cliche, and tacky. So I decided to keep it simple and just have the design with her name. I haven't decided on the script, but I'll know it when I see it.

I want to get the tattoo on my right wrist. I'm an artist and I'm right handed. When I draw, paint, or even write on a piece of paper, I want to see her name. She has taught me just about everything I know, and although I will never forget her or what she has done in her lifetime, I still want her name and memory on my body forever.

In addition to getting my grandmother's name on my right wrist, I also am going to get my grandfather's name on my left wrist. Both of my grandparents are and have been my my entire life. I am extremely close with my grandfather, and I respect him for so many different things, that he is to be accredited for teaching me as much, if not more, as my grandmother.

These two people are so exceptional, that it’s an honor to have their names on my body forever.


(Once a picture of the design or final product is available this post will be updated.)

No comments: