Saturday, March 22, 2008

A back piece in progress.



Name: Anna K.

Where I got it done: Hartford County Tattoo (Bristol, CT)

Artists Name: Steve Hunter and Alana Lawton.

How long it took: About 7 to 9 Hours.

Why I got it:
For the record this tattoo is a whole back piece in progress. I got the knot in the middle first (In July '06) it took about an hour and was done by Steve Hunter. The knot isn't actually a Celtic knot, it's something I created my Junior year in high school, since it was something I created myself I knew I wouldn't regret it. The Angels I got later, they were done by Alana Lawton they were done over a period of 2 months and took 6 to 8 hours to do. I got the Angels for three reasons. 1) My Aunt Karen has collected angels since her sister passed in a drunk driving accident, and has since gotten an angel inked on her shoulder. 2) In September of 06, a very close friends son passed away at the age of 22 months, and it's impacted every day of my life since. and 3) In May of 06, a friend of mine with whom I was in a bit of a tiff with passed away quite suddenly. My relationship with him had and has a profound effect on my soul and outlook. I regret the way I treated him, and never had a chance to say goodbye or even say I was sorry. Knowing that has made me appreciate every relationship in my life, no matter how big or small.

I love my tattoos and when people ask me why, or say I'll hate them when I "grow up", I can laugh and know, if they only knew how much they mean to me, nothing could make me change my mind, or wish I didn't have them. I've spent about $600 on my tattoos I have a spare change fund, so it's not like I'm forgoing gas or food to finance this art form. I truly believe that tattoos are a valid form of art, and that the artists that I've been lucky enough to meet, are some of the best.

No comments: