Saturday, February 23, 2008

The pride of the Irish.


Name: Michael D.


Where it was done: Apt. set for Summer '08 at Beauty Mark Tattooing and Piercing (Waterbury, CT)


Artists: Ken (specialized in portraits)


How long it took: Predicted time about 5 hours.


Why I got it:
Like most kids I've wanted a tattoo since I knew what it was. Since this is going to be on my body forever, I decided that this would be a good first tattoo. It is to be placed on my back across both shoulder blades. This, like the other post, is also a tribute to my deceased grandfather. The colors of the skulls are representative of the Irish flag. The design binding the skulls is a Celtic knot. As you could probably tell, my grandfather was a hardcore Irishman. In the middle of the knot, which the above design does not show, will be a blue "T". You see, my grandfather put a blue "T" with magic marker on everything he owned, it stood for Tom, his middle name, which he was known by. (This was designed by a close friend of mine Roger P.)
Once the piece is finished, there will be an updated posting, where you will be able to check out the final product.


RIP ATM

No comments: