Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'll start with my own Tattoo story.



Name: Ilma

Where it was done: Beauty Mark Tattooing and Piercing (Waterbury, CT)

Artist: Ken (Specialized in portraits)

How long it took: About 1.5 to 2 hours, nothing big.

Why I got it:
When people see my tattoo they all ask the same question, why eyes? Well, you're about to find out. Those eyes are my grandfather's eyes. Sounds weird I know, but bear with me. He had the most beautiful green eyes, or so I'm told by my grandmother. You see my grandfather died when I was very young.

At the age of 3, I moved out of my home country (Bosnia), my grandparents stayed behind in the war. Since my father was an only child, I was my grandfather’s only grandchild. He died when I was about 5, my grandmother told me that he used to hold the neighbor's baby daughter and call her Ilma and treat her like his own, his only wish was to see me one last time before he died. Sadly, that wish was never fulfilled. However, I can feel him watching over me everyday. This tattoo was my tribute to my Grandfather, his eyes always watching over me and protecting me.

R.I.P. Deda, you will never be forgotten. <3

1 comment:

DJ Echelon said...

Hey,
Sure I'd love to talk about it. We can either do it by email or in class next Thursday. The story about your tattoo is amazing and extremely touching. The best tattoos are the ones that have stories and meanings behind them.